Main Menu
H3D.org Feeds

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Help for VHTK
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Dear VHTK users,

When I use H3DLoad to test the examples of VHTK, I get warnings. It says "Could not load dynamic library: lib/libVHTK.so, specified in unnamed import library ......

I have compiled VHTK and got VHTK.lib and VHTK.dll but not libVHTK.so. What is libVHTK.so?

Best wishes,
Kim

Posted on: 2006/6/14 4:58
Twitter Facebook Google Plus Linkedin Del.icio.us Digg Reddit Mr. Wong Top

Re: Help for VHTK
Guru
Guru

See User information
VHTK is designed for multi platform use, so for the examples to work on both Linux and Windows the system tries per default to load both Linux and Windows library files. The .so file is a shared object for Linux platforms, so the warning can be safely ignored on Windows platforms.

You may even remove the offending line in the setup file if you like, that is the line with the ImportLibrary node that imports libVHTK.so

Posted on: 2006/6/14 8:31
KJ Lundin Palmerius
C Research
Linköping University, Sweden

Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Dear Karlu,

Thanks for your message. But the warnings also said "Could not load dynamic library lib/VHTK.dll". Actually I have put VHTK.dll in the lib directory. The warnings also said "Could not create VolumeHaptics node.It does not exist in H3DDatabase". So in the window there is only tool showing but volumetric model there.

So what's the problem?

Best wishes,
Kim

Posted on: 2006/6/14 23:05

Webmaster
Webmaster

See User information
I think it might be that you are running the file from the wrong directory. The lib directory must be in the same directory as you are running the program from. So you should run it as:

.../VHTK> H3DLoad x3d\setup_CT.x3d

instead of:

.../VHTK/x3d> H3DLoad setup_CT.x3d

Posted on: 2006/6/15 4:41

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Help....
i had the same problem as "hexuejian", but i cant find the VHTK.dll file in the VHTK1.0 directory and the "lib" folder in VHTK1.0 is empty.

Thanks

Posted on: 2007/8/13 16:16

Webmaster
Webmaster

See User information
First of all you might want to download version 1.5 instead of 1.0. The order in the downloads category was inverted by mistake so that 1.0 was first in the list. You have to go to page 2 to find the latest version. I'll fix this as soon as possible

Posted on: 2007/8/13 16:24

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
i had downloaded the VHTK1.5, added VHTK_ROOT into the environment variable, and tried to run the setup_sphere in commandprompt(C:\H3D\H3DAPI\VHTK\H3DLoad x3d/setup_sphere.x3d) but it still prompt me the warning msg.

Quote:

WARNING: Could not load dynamic library "lib/VHTK.dll" specified in Unnamed Impo
rtLibrary (The specified module could not be found.
).
WARNING: Could not create "VolumeHaptics" node. It does not exist in the H3DNode
Database (x3d/setup_sphere.x3d line 33)
WARNING: Could not create "LocalInfo" node. It does not exist in the H3DNodeData
base (x3d/setup_sphere.x3d line 37)
WARNING: Could not create "VolumeRenderer" node. It does not exist in the H3DNod
eDatabase (x3d/setup_sphere.x3d line 46)
WARNING: Could not create "ScalarSurfaceFrictionMode" node. It does not exist in
the H3DNodeDatabase (x3d/setup_sphere.x3d line 94)
XMLParseError: Invalid USE attribute. No node with DEF name "INFO" defined. ( in
x3d/setup_sphere.x3d line 139)

Thankz!!

Posted on: 2007/8/13 16:46

Webmaster
Webmaster

See User information
Have you compiled the library? This will produce the VHTK.dll you are missing. You might want to move it to the right directory or change the directory in the x3d file to where your VHTK.dll ends up after compiling

Posted on: 2007/8/13 16:53

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Thank for the quick responce.
But i'm not sure what is the meaning of compile bcos according to the "VHTK_Manual.pdf" i need to compile by using the VC7 setup file in VHTK/build/win32/VC7 and the folder i can see two files(update.py and VHTK.vcproj) and only a backup file is created(VHTK.vcproj.bak) after i execute the update.py.

i had a quick look in the forum, is it VC++ is the only way to compile the file? bcos my VC++6.0 cant open the VHTK.vcproj.
can anyone post the VHTK.dll so that i can straight away paste it in to my lib folder?

Thanks

Tissa

Posted on: 2007/8/13 17:10

Guru
Guru

See User information
I believe you need to upgrade your development environment to at least VC++ version 7. I've never heard of anyone successfully compiling neither H3D API or VHTK with earlier versions. Once you have the right version of VC++, you'll be able to open the VHTK.vcproj file and compile the package.

The VC project file is set to put the final dll file in the lib folder, so you will not need to move anything. Also, the update.py file is a tool for updating the VC project file to include any new source files, since the user interface of VC++ is too tedious to do that manually.

Posted on: 2007/8/14 9:30
KJ Lundin Palmerius
C Research
Linköping University, Sweden

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.