H3D.org Feeds

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 3 4 »

Error when executing VHTK example
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
i had set the environment variables according to the manual,
compiled h3dapi and vhtk using VC8 and in the vhtk root i executed the setup_dichloroethane2.x3d (C:\H3D\H3DAPI\VHTK> H3DLoad x3d\setup_dichloroethane.x3d) but i still have the errors message as below.
Quote:

H3DLoad.exe - Entry Point not found
The procedure entry point
?end@?$MFieldBase@UVec3f@ArithmetricTypes@H3D@@.............could not be located in the dynamic link library H3DApi.dll.

And

Quote:
WARNING: Could not create "VolumeHaptics" node. It does not exist in the H3DNodeDatabase (x3d\setup_dichloroethane.x3d line 37)
WARNING: Could not create "LocalInfo" node. It does not exist in the H3DNodeDatabase (x3d\setup_dichloroethane.x3d line 43)
WARNING: Couldn't find field named "multiPassTransparency" in RenderProperties node (x3d\setup_dichloroethane.x3d line 159)
WARNING: Could not create "IsoSurface" node. It does not exist in the H3DNodeDatabase (x3d\setup_dichloroethane.x3d line 164)
WARNING: Could not create "IsoSurface" node. It does not exist in the H3DNodeDatabase (x3d\setup_dichloroethane.x3d line 198)
WARNING: Could not create "IsoSurface" node. It does not exist in the H3DNodeDatabase (x3d\setup_dichloroethane.x3d line 207)
WARNING: Could not create "VolumeRenderer" node. It does not exist in the H3DNodeDatabase (x3d\setup_dichloroethane.x3d line 216)
WARNING: Could not create "VectorFollowMode" node. It does not exist in the H3DNodeDatabase (x3d\setup_dichloroethane.x3d line 258)
WARNING: Could not create "VectorFrontShapeMode" node. It does not exist in theH3DNodeDatabase (x3d\setup_dichloroethane.x3d line 291)
XMLParseError: Invalid USE attribute. No node with DEF name "FOLLOW_MODE" defined. ( in x3d\setup_dichloroethane.x3d line 305)

Do anyone know what is the problem?

Posted on: 2007/9/3 19:05
Twitter Facebook Google Plus Linkedin Del.icio.us Digg Reddit Mr. Wong Top

Re: Error when executing VHTK example
Webmaster
Webmaster

See User information
Make sure that the path environment variable points to H3DApi.dll that you compiled with vc8 and not the one that is compiled with vc7.

Posted on: 2007/9/4 8:17

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
after setting the path environment variables to VC8, as u mentioned, i had successfully execute some of the examples.
But when i tried to run the "setup_dichloroethane.x3d" and "setup_dichloroethane2.x3d" examples. it has a warning msg

Quote:

WARNING: Couldn't find field named "multiPassTransparency" in RenderProperties node (C:\H3D\H3DAPI\VHTK/\x3d\setup_dichloroethane2.x3d line 161)

and a visual c++ debug library error
Quote:

Program: c:\h3d\h3dapi\build\win32\vc8\dubug\h3dload.exe
File: c:\program files\microsoft visual studio 8\vc\include\vector
Line: 99

Expression: vector iterator not dereferencable

besides, during the execution of "setup_animation_sphere.x3d"

i have a error msg as below.

Quote:

XMLParseError: Invalid containerField attribute "scalar2red". The field does not exist in parent node (Unnamed VolumeRenderer) ( in .\x3d\setup_animation_sphere.x3d line 75)

Thank u very much

Posted on: 2007/9/4 13:37

Webmaster
Webmaster

See User information
The first warning is correct. There is no multiPassTransparency field in RenderProperties of H3DAPI 1.5.
The error is caused by a difference in vc8 and vc7 compilation. How it handles certain pointer/vectors. Updating to revision 639 in trunk should fix both the warning and the error. (revision 639 is the last revision in trunk before restructuring of H3DAPI to the way it is in H3DAPI 2.0 Alpha). How to check out the trunk using subversion can be found in the manual. If you use windows and decide to use tortoise svn then check their help section to find out how to check out a certain revision.

Alternatively you can use the debug features of vc8 to find the cause of the error and fix that. I can't remember for certain but I think it can be fixed by checking if a vector is empty. This way the warning will not be fixed though.

The third error I have no idea about. I'll let the creator of the example answer that :)

Posted on: 2007/9/4 16:00

Guru
Guru

See User information
The multiPassTransparency field is used to stop H3D from doing bad things to the volume rendering. If it's not available in the latest stable release of H3D, then we've made an error when releasing the latest version of VHTK. It's not a big issue, though, as long as H3D does not try to sort transparent objects.

The last error is a typo that was found in VHTK 1.5.0 and corrected in VHTK 1.5.1, which I hope is available from the download page.

Posted on: 2007/9/5 16:40
KJ Lundin Palmerius
C Research
Linköping University, Sweden

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
May i know where and when can i download the VHTK 1.5.1 ?
thank u.

Posted on: 2007/9/10 13:37

Guru
Guru

See User information
It should have been available from the download page for some time, but there seems to have been a glitch in the communication somewhere. I might have forgotten to upload it, sorry.

[EDIT: Daniel helped me make it available just now - you can find the new version under Downloads -> VHTK]

Posted on: 2007/9/11 9:33
KJ Lundin Palmerius
C Research

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
thanks karlu, the VHTK 1.5.1 solve the last error(XMLParseError) but i found some warning msg as below

Quote:

Warning: None of the urls in ImageTexture with url [ "data/time-varying/sphere_128x128x128_Su8_000.raw"] could be loaded. Either they don't exist or the file format is not supported by any H3DImageLoaderNode that is available (in Unnamed Image3DTexture)
ScalarVolume
None of the urls in VectorVolume with url [ "data/time-varying/sphere_128x128x128_A3xf32_000.raw"] could be loaded. Either they don't exist or none of the specified ImageLoaders is able to load them.
ScalarVolume

and i cant see any "sphere_128x128x128_Su8_000.raw" file in the "C:\H3D\H3DAPI\VHTK\data\time-varying" folder except "generateSpheres.cpp" then i try to compile the .cpp file but that is an error:
Quote:

error C2065: 'M_PI' : undeclared identifier

So, may i know where to get those missing files or how to generate it?

Posted on: 2007/9/11 13:54

Guru
Guru

See User information
Yes, that little program is supposed to generate the data files for you. Try adding math.h to the list of includes in that program, then the compiler should be able to find M_PI:

#include <math.h>

Posted on: 2007/9/12 11:25
KJ Lundin Palmerius
C Research

Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Hi, i have a problem similar to tissa's :

I have compiled both VHTK & H3D with vc8, i have all env variables correctly setted, i have renamed the library in the .x3d file :

but i have the followings errors :

PS D:\VHTK> H3DLoad D:\VHTK\x3d\setup_dichloroethane2.x3d
Starting Servo
Loading D:\VHTK\x3d\setup_dichloroethane2.x3d
WARNING: Could not create "VolumeHaptics" node. It does not exist in the H3DNodeDatabase (D:\VHTK\x3d\setup_dichloroethane2.x3d line 41)
WARNING: Could not create "LocalInfo" node. It does not exist in the H3DNodeDatabase (D:\VHTK\x3d\setup_dichloroethane2.x3d line 48)
WARNING: Could not create "SampledScalarVolume" node. It does not exist in the H3DNodeDatabase (D:\VHTK\x3d\setup_dichloroethane2.x3d line 169)
WARNING: Could not create "IsoSurface" node. It does not exist in the H3DNodeDatabase (D:\VHTK\x3d\setup_dichloroethane2.x3d line 198)
WARNING: Could not create "IsoSurface" node. It does not exist in the H3DNodeDatabase (D:\VHTK\x3d\setup_dichloroethane2.x3d line 207)
WARNING: Could not create "IsoSurface" node. It does not exist in the H3DNodeDatabase (D:\VHTK\x3d\setup_dichloroethane2.x3d line 216)
WARNING: Could not create "VolumeRenderer" node. It does not exist in the H3DNodeDatabase (D:\VHTK\x3d\setup_dichloroethane2.x3d line 225)
WARNING: Could not create "VectorFollowMode" node. It does not exist in the H3DNodeDatabase (D:\VHTK\x3d\setup_dichloroethane2.x3d line 250)
WARNING: Could not create "VectorFrontShapeMode" node. It does not exist in the H3DNodeDatabase (D:\VHTK\x3d\setup_dichloroethane2.x3d line 283)
XMLParseError: Invalid USE attribute. No node with DEF name "FOLLOW_MODE" defined. ( in D:\VHTK\x3d\setup_dichloroethane2.x3d line 297)

My path environment variable points to H3DApi.dll that I have compiled with vc8 (in this directory, there are those 3 libs : H3DAPI_vc7.dll, H3DAPI_vc8.dll, H3DAPI_vc9.dll, I have renamed a copy of H3DAPI_vc8.dll to H3DApi.dll)

I can't fix this problem. What do I wrong ?

Thanks.

Posted on: 2008/12/1 16:13

(1) 2 3 4 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.