Register To Post

Threaded | Newest First Previous Topic | Next Topic | Bottom
Poster Thread
alexxx74
Posted on: 2010/6/21 14:45
Quite a regular
Cyberglove example
Hi,
I saw on youtube a very cool example of interaction beetween H3D and Cyberglove. It is already supported by the Api? Thanks in advance,
Alessandro
Markus
Posted on: 2010/6/22 9:21
Webmaster
Re: Cyberglove example
It depends on what you mean with supported. No official release has support for Cyberglove, what I write below is true for the latest svn trunk.

CyberGlove has support as far as rendering of the hand and output of sensor data. If you have a cyberglove and the cyberglove sdk you should be able to test it. I can provide you with an example file if you wish.

CyberGrasp (the haptic attachment) is not supported at all.
neurolab
Posted on: 2011/3/15 12:52
Quite a regular
Hi Markus.
We have a Cybertouch (=Cyberglove+vibrators) fuly working with SDK, could you give us some instructions on how run in in H3DAPI?
I've looked in the trunk (I'd prefer to compile only the Cyberglove support files and add it to the release, instead of recompiling all), but I couldn't find any of the needed file.
Thank you,
Angelo
karlu
Posted on: 2011/3/16 10:28
Guru
As far as I know there is no perfect or even commonly used approach to controlling the vibrotactile actuators as a result of navigation in a 3D environment. What effects are your looking for? Vibration cased by proximity to objects or maybe intersection/collision with objects?

----------------
KJ Lundin Palmerius
C Research
Linköping University, Sweden

Markus
Posted on: 2011/3/17 8:06
Webmaster
In H3DAPI trunk there are very basic non-haptic support for a CyberGlove. Since it has not been tested properly and need further implementation to actually be very useful it has not been included in any release.

The example file is in H3DAPI/examples/All/HumanHand.x3d in trunk. Generally if there is an example for a node it is listed in the comment (documentation) in the header file for that node. The nodes are called HumanHand and CyberGloveSensor.
Threaded | Newest First Previous Topic | Next Topic | Top

Register To Post

(C) 2012 SenseGraphics AB    ---    Powered by XOOPS