Main Menu
H3D.org Feeds

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

alpha blending
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Hi Karlu,

I have two volumes of MRI data. I managed to have one volume (processed data) displayed as a color volume using the RGBFunction for VolumeRenderer. Now I need to blend the color volume on top of a gray-scale volume (to reveal the anatomy).

Is there any node/function in VHTK which will do this?

I can sort of having this done by messing around with the RGBFunction again but it is a requirement of the project to have the alpha blending adjustable on the flight. I have very limited experience with OpenGL. I have been studied VHTK and your papers/thesis so I know VHTK better.

thank you for your guidance,

Trang

Posted on: 2010/9/2 8:01
Twitter Facebook Google Plus Linkedin Del.icio.us Digg Reddit Mr. Wong Top

Re: alpha blending
Guru
Guru

See User information
No, I don't think that the functionality required for that is available in VHTK, or in MedX3D for that matter. To render two volumes at the same place with individual renderers would require the renderers to interleave their individual slices, which is not possible with the current implementation.

One alternative would be to render the two volumes onto frame buffer objects that can then be combined into one image. That will not, however, give the correct impression of depth.

Another alternative would be to combine the two volumes into one volume in a way so that they can be discriminated in the rendering using a special set of transfer functions.

Posted on: 2010/9/10 13:32
KJ Lundin Palmerius
C Research
Linköping University, Sweden

Re: alpha blending
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Thank you,

I'm implementing in using the third solution. The alpha value occupied 1-2048 and the color volume is from 2^14 - 2^16. And it works.

I can change the alpha blending on the flight by updating the RGB transfer function.

Thank you a lot,

Posted on: 2010/9/13 3:16

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.