Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 3 »

A leg up (on the pile) on VHTK
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Hey H3D peeps,

I need halp. Srsly.

Seriously though - I have - as far as I know - compiled H3DAPI and VHTK properly for 64-Bit. I've even compiled and run one of the simple demo examples that come with H3DAPI modding it slightly to make sure my Phantom Omni is detected. In short - It's worth investing more time in H3DAPI and VHTK in the hopes of getting more advanced things to run...

I have unfortunately arrived at an impass. I'm trying to break through to use the VHTK and create my own visualization node in the hopes of leveraging some of the VHTK technology on my own simple volume visualization. As such, I am not really interested in running any code outside of C++. I have read a large portion of the H3DAPI wiki and found that using some X3D script within can still be benificiary, so I'm trying to run the setup_sphere.x3d example contained within VHTK. However, it spews a number of errors at me:

[W] WARNING: Could not create "PythonScript" node. It does not exist in the H3DNodeDatabase (C:/H3D/VHTK/x3d/setup_sphere.x3d line 28)
[W] WARNING: Could not create "VolumeHaptics" node. It does not exist in the H3DNodeDatabase (C:/H3D/VHTK/x3d/setup_sphere.x3d line 35)
[W] WARNING: Could not create "LocalInfo" node. It does not exist in the H3DNodeDatabase (C:/H3D/VHTK/x3d/setup_sphere.x3d line 39)
[W] WARNING: Could not create "VolumeRenderer" node. It does not exist in the H3DNodeDatabase (C:/H3D/VHTK/x3d/setup_sphere.x3d line 48)
[W] WARNING: Could not create "ScalarSurfaceFrictionMode" node. It does not exist in the H3DNodeDatabase (C:/H3D/VHTK/x3d/setup_sphere.x3d line 96)
[W] WARNING: Could not create "PythonScript" node. It does not exist in the H3DNodeDatabase (C:/H3D/VHTK/x3d/setup_sphere.x3d line 125)
[W] WARNING: Route error. Could not find Node named "ROTATOR" specified in "fromNode" attribute (C:/H3D/VHTK/x3d/setup_sphere.x3d line 127)
[W] WARNING: Could not create "PythonScript" node. It does not exist in the H3DNodeDatabase (C:/H3D/VHTK/x3d/setup_sphere.x3d line 144)
[W] Warning: No device exists in DeviceInfo when trying to IMPORT from HDEV from H3D_EXPORTS. Using dummy device instead.
[W] WARNING: Route error. Could not find Node named "CLIP" specified in "toNode" attribute (C:/H3D/VHTK/x3d/setup_sphere.x3d line 153)
[W] WARNING: Route error. Could not find Node named "INFO" specified in "toNode" attribute (C:/H3D/VHTK/x3d/setup_sphere.x3d line 156)
[W] WARNING: Route error. Could not find Node named "INFO" specified in "fromNode" attribute (C:/H3D/VHTK/x3d/setup_sphere.x3d line 159)
[W] WARNING: Route error. Could not find Node named "INFO" specified in "toNode" attribute (C:/H3D/VHTK/x3d/setup_sphere.x3d line 162)
[W] WARNING: Route error. Could not find Node named "INFO" specified in "fromNode" attribute (C:/H3D/VHTK/x3d/setup_sphere.x3d line 165)

I assume this has to do with paths and that I am compiling a h3d program away from the API base directory. But I am unclear as to where I set up these parameters. In reality I would much prefer if someone had a much simpler demo I could run which uses the VHTK functionality. Even setup_sphere seems rather complex.

I hope someone has the heart and mind to help me out, so I can get down and dirty with VHTK.

Regards,

Gazoo

Posted on: 2011/2/14 14:52
Twitter Facebook Google Plus Linkedin Del.icio.us Digg Reddit Mr. Wong Top

Re: A leg up (on the pile) on VHTK
Guru
Guru

See User information
Could not create PythonScript node is a bit worrying. That means that your H3D either is not compiled with support for Python or simply not working properly. The VHTK examples use PythonScript to load the appropriate shared object, selecting between DLL and SO-files, debug and release.

Posted on: 2011/2/15 8:47
KJ Lundin Palmerius
C Research
Linköping University, Sweden

Webmaster
Webmaster

See User information
I have to ask, did you compile all the external libraries for 64-bit yourself? Or did you have someone at sensegraphics send you the external libraries for 64-bit?

Posted on: 2011/2/15 10:11

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Heys,

Markus I believe you sent me a link to the libraries in question. There was no python 64-bit included, so I've since then manually fetched the latest version 2.7 in 64-bits and linked that with H3DAPI.

I now get these errors:

[W] Warning: None of the urls in the PythonScript node "PythonScript_00000000026DD8A0" with url [ "python/candy/AutoLoadSO.py"] could be found.
[W] WARNING: Could not create "VolumeHaptics" node. It does not exist in the H3DNodeDatabase (C:/H3D/VHTK/x3d/setup_sphere.x3d line 35)
[W] WARNING: Could not create "LocalInfo" node. It does not exist in the H3DNodeDatabase (C:/H3D/VHTK/x3d/setup_sphere.x3d line 39)
[W] WARNING: Could not create "VolumeRenderer" node. It does not exist in the H3DNodeDatabase (C:/H3D/VHTK/x3d/setup_sphere.x3d line 48)
[W] WARNING: Could not create "ScalarSurfaceFrictionMode" node. It does not exist in the H3DNodeDatabase (C:/H3D/VHTK/x3d/setup_sphere.x3d line 96)
[W] Warning: None of the urls in the PythonScript node "ROTATOR" with url [ "python/candy/Rotator.py"] could be found.
[W] WARNING: Route error. Could not find field named "rotation" in "ROTATOR" Node (C:/H3D/VHTK/x3d/setup_sphere.x3d line 127)

I found an associated post from karlu regarding a similar error, stating that - and I quote - "You have to CD to that folder and start using H3DLoad x3d/setup_sphere.x3d".

Is there any way to handle this in C++. That is, force H3DAPI to look in other directories?

Regards,

Gazoo

Posted on: 2011/2/16 15:08

Guru
Guru

See User information
H3D has a very nice feature rendering working folders unnecessary. VHTK uses this feature: you should have a file called index.urn in your H3DAPI folder, the same folder that contains the settings folder. In this file you should add a line with the following contents
urn:vhtk: /path/VHTK/
urn:candy: /path/Candy/
if you have Candy installed or
urn:vhtk: /path/VHTK/
urn:candy:python /path/VHTK/python/candy
if you don't, and where you update the path to fit your installation, e.g. C:/H3D/Candy .

Posted on: 2011/2/17 9:30
KJ Lundin Palmerius
C Research

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Hey,

My H3DAPI installation has absolutely no index.urn file. So I've tried to create one containing the following information:

urn:vhtkC:H3DVHTK
urn
:candy:python C:H3DVHTKpythoncandy

I put it both in the root (C:\H3D\) and in the folder containing the settings folder (C:\H3D\H3DAPI\). No luck. Perhaps I'm missing a path or something? I've looked through the documentation which mentions "H3D_ROOT", which I then added pointing to "C:\H3D".

Still no luck... What could I be missing?

Posted on: 2011/2/17 13:21

Guru
Guru

See User information
Does the system find your settings folder with device and viewpoint information? In that case it should find the index.urn file. Maybe it only works with H3DLoad? Do you use H3DLoad?

Posted on: 2011/2/18 13:00
KJ Lundin Palmerius
C Research

Webmaster
Webmaster

See User information
H3D_ROOT should point to the H3DAPI directory.

index.urn is expected to be in H3D_ROOT then.

Or if you want to put it somewhere else you can set the H3D_URN_CONFIG_FILE environment variable.

Is there really no place in the manual or in the wiki that explains this? If not then it should be added.

Posted on: 2011/2/18 15:28

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Hey,

Just wanted to add a thanks here off the bat for the continued help. I hope I get this stuff working soon.

I'm not directly using H3DLoad. From the wiki I learned that there we're a couple of examples of using the H3DAPI directly from C++ in this relative dir-structure:

C:\H3D\H3DAPI\examples\manualExamples\C++

So I've basically just copied the code into my own VS2010 project and compiled it and ran it. That seemed to work well enough. Then I replaced the X3D code in the project with the code from the setup_sphere.x3d example contained in VHTK. I am assuming that this is causing me to sidestep some critical setup steps which I hope can be accomplished in C++.

I don't mind using H3DLoad as such, but I eventually need to run things primarily in C++. So I thought my best bet was to try to get that working.

Setting the URN environment variable didn't help unfortunately, I assume then that H3D_ROOT should point at "C:\H3D\" for me?

Regards,
Gazoo

Posted on: 2011/2/18 16:06

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Hello,

I thought I'd note that I've discovered this additional error. Perhaps something janked windows into working after a restart:

[WWarningCould not open file URN resolver config file "C:H3DH3DAPI"

I've looked at the URN file, unable to discern what might be missing. It's called index.urn and has the following content:

urn:h3dapiC:/H3D/H3DAPI/
urn:vhtkC:/H3D/VHTK
urn
:candy:python C:/H3D/VHTK/python/candy

Any ideas?

Gazoo

Posted on: 2011/2/21 16:08

(1) 2 3 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.