Main Menu
H3D.org Feeds

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

PHANTOM Omni problems
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Hello all,
I`m trying to use phantom Omni from Sensable to manipulate 3D objects using H3dApi, but I have some problems. I've been reading some topics in the forum, but none has showed me the answer.
I'm working on Windows XP and using Visual Studio 2003 and what I've don is:

1)Install H3DApi 1.5
2)Compile H3DLoad.vcproj
3)Load some x3d examples using H3DLoad.exe to ensure that it works correctly (and it works ok).
4)Install all drivers and OpenHaptics toolkit downloaded from Sensable web.
5)Execute Device demo from Senseable to ensure that the PHANTOM OMNI works correctly (and it do so).
6)Unpack the VHTK source code package parallel to the H3D installation folder.
7)Compile the VHTK (updating all the roots as shown in the VHTH Manual) to create lib folder and VHTK.dll, VHTK.lib,...
8)Move H3DLoad.exe, H3DApi.dll and H3DApi.lib to he VHTK folder.
9)Delete the import lines: " " in all the files contained in the ...\VHTK\x3d folder
10)Finally, execute the loader with the file as argument as shown in the VHTK Manual ()

In this las point, I've executed all the x3d files contained in ...\VHTK\x3d folder, but I received some errors messages and the Pantom doesn't works anyway.

I've copyed the errors messages and what happens here:

setup_circleguide.x3d -> No error message, the x3d file is loaded but the phantom doesn't works and only can visualice the x3d file.

setup_animation_sphere.x3d -> Error message and the x3d file is not opened.
Loading x3d/setup_animation_sphere.x3d
XMLParseError: Invalid containerField attribute "scalar2red". The field does not exist in parent node (Unnamed VolumeRenderer) ( in x3d/setup_animation_sphere.x3d line 75)

setup_circleguide.x3d -> No error message, the x3d file is loaded but the phantom doesn't works, only can visualice the x3d file.

setup_dichloroethane2.x3d -> Error message, it can't open the x3d file and is dhown a windows error message saying "H3DLoad.exe has detected a problem ant is must be closed."
C:\VHTK>H3DLoad x3d/setup_dichloroethane2.x3d
Loading x3d/setup_dichloroethane2.x3d
WARNING: Couldn't find field named "multiPassTransparency" in RenderProperties node (x3d/setup_dichloroethane2.x3d line 160)

setup_dichloroethane2.x3d -> Error message, it can't open the x3d file and is dhown a windows error message saying "H3DLoad.exe has detected a problem ant is must be closed."
C:\VHTK>H3DLoad x3d/setup_dichloroethane.x3d
Loading x3d/setup_dichloroethane.x3d
WARNING: Couldn't find field named "multiPassTransparency" in RenderProperties node (x3d/setup_dichloroethane.x3d line 159)

setup_fieldglyphs.x3d -> Error message, but the x3d file is loaded, the phantom doesn't works and only can visualice the x3d file.
C:\VHTK>H3DLoad x3d/setup_fieldglyphs.x3d
Loading x3d/setup_fieldglyphs.x3d
Error in PointsEditor: could not find required input.
Error: tuple index out of range

setup_sphere.x3d -> No error message, the x3d file is loaded but the phantom doesn't works and only can visualice the x3d file.

Can anyone helpme to make Phantom works?

Thanks a lot!!!

Posted on: 2007/11/22 12:14
Twitter Facebook Google Plus Linkedin Del.icio.us Digg Reddit Mr. Wong Top

Re: PHANTOM Omni problems
Webmaster
Webmaster

See User information
Hello,

Did you run examples with haptics after installing the first time?

Did you install the version of H3DAPI 1.5 that requires OpenHaptics? If not then you need to reinstall (or recompile with HAVE_OPENHAPTICS in H3DApi.h defined) otherwise the phantom will not work in H3DAPI.

Do you have a license for the phantom? SensAbles own demos usually works anyways, you should get an error message in H3DAPI if it does not.

Posted on: 2007/11/23 8:15
Twitter Facebook Google Plus Linkedin Del.icio.us Digg Reddit Mr. Wong Top

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.
You cannot use topic type.